Ica Maria Zilahi
Living and working in Budapest since 1991.
Having studied painting in my youth, I have begun to paint again after a 30 years pause.
The Artist’s credo
Every artist, painter and creator express their own faith and their own world concept in their work.
I use my own imaginary dreams and visual experiences to create my paintigs, my surreal dreamwork that also realistic and visionary at the same time, a borderline between reality and imagination and not only about me.
In my art the dolls, the sacred-grotesque figures cause the unexpected situation. Powerful, bright colors are the characteristics of my art.
I learned that art is only a tool to create atmosphere, to make unattainable available, to make intangible things tangible.
Painters whose works I cherish: Nicoletta Ceccoli, Tanya Mayers, Jana Brike, Ray Caesar.
- 2009-2013 Budapesti Amatőr Alkotók Stúdiója (Budapest Amateur Artists Studio)
Master: Fiók László painter – graphic artist
- 2009-2011 Budapesti Amatőr Alkotók Stúdiója (Budapest Amateur Artists Studio)
Master: Bálványos Huba graphic artist
- 1976-1978 Arts University – graphic art section, Oradea, Romania
Master: Mottl Roman graphic artist
- 12th May, 2013 First prize at Art-Feszt VI.
- 1st April, 2012 Special prize at Art-Feszt V.
- December 2011 – January2012 work selected for national exhibition by BMK for XXVII Month of Visual Arts – Amatőr Artium
- 27th November, 2011 – awarded in the National Painting Contest OKIT
- 26th August, 2011 – special prize from the Lectorate of Aplied Arts at the OKIT National Exhibition